Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yingge

November 12th
Caitlin and I hit the road again last Wednesday with an American Club group trip to a town well known for its pottery, Yingge. I am not completely positive I am spelling the name correctly, but can't seem to find much information on it. You'll just have to take my word for it!

Yingge is the first place I've been to on this island where I can honestly say my mother would like to see. Yingge doesn't have that signature Taiwan, "I'm too hot to care what I look like look." There was no yucky city smell of overheated grime, exhaust and trash. Instead there were clean cobblestone streets with welcoming glass storefronts each holding unique hand made crafts. There was so much to explore! Plus, we were there on a cool day so it was refreshing to move about. I didn't go into a lot of shops because they were small and I was afraid the stroller might not fit, but I managed to find a few treasures to take back with me. I keep thinking about all that I saw and wish I bought more.

It was a fun day and Caitlin was perfect! She slept through most of the trip so we made it through without breaking anything. Whew! This is one place I must get back to.

No comments: