Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving just a few hours away and our families a few thousand miles away, I feel compelled to express all the things I am thankful for in one of my happy lists...you know, since you won't be able to feel all my thankfulness in a hug.



*For good health.

*For this crazy, little, blond hurricane that bounces all over my life.

*For not having to drive 400+ miles on Interstate 95 with all the other Thanksgiving travelers and tractor trailers and a motion sickness prone 23 month old.

*For the Slingbox. Not only will we have a turkey in Taiwan, we'll have football and the Macy's Day Parade!

*For PACKAGES! I cannot tell you how much all those little pieces of home keep me going.

*For my grandmom's cookies, Velveeta & applesauce cake (yes, they do arrive here completely edible!)
*For my Matto.

*For Caitlin's smile

*For the webcam & Skype!!!

*For friendly people in foreign lands.

*For a zillion places to eat out when dinner goes awry.

*For our families & friends all over the world that we miss so very much.

*For the daily blessing of strength and courage to keep trying things.

*For Mom & Dad Heller and all they do to care for our house.

We wish you all a very blessed Thanksgiving. Hug & kisses to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tara - your article was so well written. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Gram xo xo xo